THE VISION: To meet the medical equipment, health and education needs of the people of Vietnam and any bordering country, using professional input from Australia, Vietnam and such bordering country in developing programs in specific areas to improve their quality of life.
Project Vietnam Inc, founded in 1989 as an Australian humanitarian aid organisation involved in the development of health care systems in Vietnam, has now extended into numerous medical and building programs. Project Vietnam, through countless working trips and meetings with Government and medical personnel, has established mutual trust and respect that has seen our programs expand and develop. In 2009 Project Vietnam Inc. commenced undertaking projects in Cambodia.
Some of the many projects include:
- Refurbishment of communal health stations in rural areas.
- Refurbishment and renovation of living quarters at schools and selected kindergartens and orphanages in rural areas.
- Education programs in hospitals.
- Supply of medical equipment and textbooks.
- Construction of an orphanage building in Cambodia.
Project Vietnam Inc. is accredited with the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and Peoples’ Aid Coordinating Committee of Vietnam (PACCOM).
Project Vietnam Inc. is a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct.
- We value our operational freedom as a not-for-profit Australian volunteer organisation which is independent of any religious or political affiliation.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, religion or politics and value and support gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- We act in ways that respect and value the dignity, uniqueness and intrinsic worth of every person and celebrate the richness of diversity in human personality, culture and contribution.
- We are honest and transparent, and accountable at all levels to ensure the effectiveness of our actions and we are open in our communications with others.
- We recognise and value the professionalism, skills and experience of our volunteers.
- We value the support of our members, donors and partners.
2009 Australia Day Awards –
Dr Gail Waterhouse, Project Vietnam’s amazing and dedicated Medical Team coordinator for
many years, was honoured in the 2009 Australia Day Awards. Gail received a Medal of the
Order of Australia (OAM) for service to the community through the provision of humanitarian
aid to the people of Vietnam.